Spirit of Zimbabwe
Spirit of Zimbabwe
Capture the spirit of Zimbabwe by combining one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the Victoria Falls – with the wildlife of Hwange. By experiencing the north-west and south-east of Hwange, you can enjoy the Park’s incredible mix of habitats and thus a spectacular diversity of fauna.
Click here to view or download this information as a pdf
VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE – Victoria Falls
Located just four kilometres from the iconic Victoria Falls and adjacent to the Zambezi National Park, the lodge overlooks a central waterhole that attracts various wildlife. All the rooms have private decks, offering impressive views of the bushveld and brilliant African sunsets. The lodge also boasts two of Zimbabwe’s top restaurants, The Boma – Place of Eating and the à la carte MaKuwa-Kuwa. At The Boma you will enjoy a unique dining experience that includes traditional dancers, an interactive drumming show and mouth- watering local dishes, whilst the restful MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant will delight you with spectacular views onto the waterhole.
HWANGE BUSH CAMP – Hwange National Park
Operating between May and November each year, Hwange Bush Camp is located in the north-west of Hwange National park and offers scenic diversity. The six spacious twin-bedded Meru tents each have private en-suite facilities, which include flush toilets and hot water provided on request for the bucket showers. The shaded lounge and dining area is the focal point of the camp, tastefully decorated with hints of rustic old-world charm, reminiscent of the days of early explorers to the continent.
DAVISON’S – Hwange National Park
Hwange National Park – Zimbabwe’s largest – is a savannah mosaic, with one of the largest concentrations of fauna in southern Africa. Situated in the south-east in the private Linkwasha Concession, Davison’s is named after the Park’s first warden, Ted Davison. The tents and main area overlook a waterhole attracting a variety of plains game and predators. We have partnered with the National Park in jointly combating the effects of poaching along Hwange’s southern boundary, an area beyond our concession and take responsibility for maintaining 14 of Hwange’s boreholes in the Concession to sustain its wildlife, especially in winter when water sources become scarce.
BRIEF ITINERARY – 2 nights Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, 3 nights Hwange Bush Camp, and 3 Nights Davison’s
- DAYS 1 & 2
Arrive at Victoria Falls International Airport under own arrangements and transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge per scheduled road transfer for a 2 night stay.
- DAYS 3 – 5
Return to Victoria Falls International Airport per scheduled road transfer, for your Wilderness Air light aircraft transfer to Hwange Bush Camp in the Hwange National Park for a 3 night stay
- DAYS 6 – 8
Scheduled Wilderness Air flight to Davison’s for a 3 night stay
- DAY 9
Scheduled Wilderness Air flight from Hwange back to Victoria Falls International Airport for your onward travel arrangements
LAND COST FROM:
- $4,740 per person sharing / $890 single supplement
01 August – 31 October 2018
- $3,740 per person / $250 single supplement
01 November – 30 November 2018
- Return scheduled road transfer Victoria Falls International Airport – Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
- 2 nights Victoria Falls Safari Lodge in a Standard Room including Breakfast, 1 x Dinner at MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant (Table d’hôte Menu) 1 x Dinner at The Boma – Dinner and Drum Show with courtesy return shuttle; 1 x Vulture Culture Lunch in the MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant (Table d’hôte Menu); return seat in coach transfers from Victoria Falls Airport; 1 x Guided Tour of the Victoria Falls; 1 x Sunset Cruise (luxury deck – Zambezi Explorer); Hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest and Town Centre; Complimentary Wi-Fi; 2% Government Levy and 15% VAT
- 3 nights Hwange Bush Camp in tented accommodation including return Robins Airstrip transfer; full board; all activities (game drives & walking safaris); all beverages; laundry; Emergency Medical Evacuation, VAT and park fees.
- 3 nights at Davison’s in tented accommodation including all meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne.
- Wilderness Air Zimbabwe scheduled flying Victoria Falls – Robins Airstrip – Linkwasha Airstrip – Victoria Falls.
- All scheduled commercial and charter flights plus related taxes except those listed in the inclusions
- All road transfers and touring except those listed in the inclusions
- Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
- All premium imported drinks and champagnes
- Any government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases beyond our control
- Visas and associated fees
- Staff gratuities
- Any items of personal nature
Terms & Conditions
- Applicable to travel from 01 August to 30 November 2018.
- All accommodation is subject to availability.
- The order of the itinerary is flexible, depending on flight and accommodation availability.
- May not be combined with any other special.
- Applicable to new bookings only, no conversion of existing bookings permitted
- All other standard terms & conditions of Wilderness Safaris apply.
E&OE August 2018